Arulmigu Avinashi Lingeshwara Andavar Temple
Posted September 11, 2009on:
- The present structure of the temple was originally built by the king of Konguchola, Pandya HoySalar and the King of Mysore.
- In 1756 Krishna Raja Udayar of Mysore renovated the temple.
- An ‘Ashta Bandana Maha Kumbabishekam’ was organized by the effort of many devotees on the 12.6.1919.
- ‘Thevaram’ Songs were inscripted on marble stones on 22.11.1954 by the Thirupanandal Kashi mutt.
- On 4.2.1959, an Ashta Bandhana Maha Kumbabishekam’ was performed after the renovation work under the supervision of the Archeological department.
- The temple car was made to move after 12 years in the year 1968 by the good efforts of Asanallipalayam K.Muruganatha Gounder.
- In the year 1970, the administration of this temple was changed over to the HR & CE department from the department of Archeology.
- In 1970, around 2.95 acres of land in which the temple is located was legally handed over to the temple management by the government.
- Kodi Archanai was performed to Karunambigai Amman for 107 days from 19.11.1970 to 5.3.1971. The Car of Goddess also made to run on 23.3.1994.
- The Seven Stage Main Tower work was completed by the good efforts of His Holiness Sundara Swamigal of Siravai Aadhinam and the Maha Kumbabishekam was performed on 28.11.1980.
- The famous cars of this temple were damaged due to fire on 23.11.1990. A new car was rebuilt at a cost of Rs. 50 Lakhs under the leadership of His Holiness Sundara Swamigal and the same was made to run on 28.1.1993.
- The five stage tower for Karunambigai Amman Shrine was built by the Contribution of Pollochi. Thiru. N.Mahalingam and inaugurated on 28.4.1993.
- A Separate Shrine was built for Sundara Moorthy Nayanar and Abishekam was performed on 23.2.1996.
- During the year 1999-2000, the east gate construction and various other developmental activities were carried out under the Tamil Nadu Government’s Temple Town Development Scheme.